How do I get Help?
There are several ways to get help for ADE. These are all accessible from the Help Menu. In addition to these there is a manual in German and English. These are not downloaded as part of the installation package but can be downloaded separately.
On-line Help System
This new system is an extension of the Tips, Tricks and Tutorials system that we have been using for a couple of years. It offers a number of new features....
ADE has a lots of ways to access functions including menus and short cuts. There are a lot of short cuts. This is the initial release of the Commands Help. If it proves useful then we hope to improve the features over time. To access the Commands help select Help > Commands Help or use Shift+F1 from the keynoard.
This will open the Commands Help window. On opening there is not much to see:
- The keys drop down will allow you to select a key and find out what actions can be executed using it
- The menus drop down allows you to select a main menu and find out what actions are available within that menu
- Enter a bit of text in the Find box to see what shortcuts or menu entries contain this text
- The list of any commands or menu entries found by using 1,2 or 3
- Click the Close button to close the Commands Help window