Airport Design Editor Custom Ground Lines and Polys
Adding a Custom Ground Poly
- Select the Custom Ground Poly Mode by clicking the button
- Draw the polygon in the usual way remembering to double click the last point to complete the poly
- The Custom Editor will open to allow entry of the required properties
Adding a Custom Ground Line
- Use Cancel in the Editor to cancel the add of a poly or line.
- You can also use the Undo button to remove any poly or line that you add and do not want.
Edit Custom Ground Line or Object
Custom Ground Polys and lines can be moved, edited or deleted in the same way as any other ADE object. However it is important to understand that the Editor will not automatically open if you add or delete or move vertices. In this case you should manually open the editor for the object to handle changes to the texture mapping that may be required.
Using Helper Shapes
Use Helper Shapes for Custom Ground Polys
- There are a number of helper shapes available that can be turned into custom ground polys.
- Depending on the shape selected these properties will change. In this case the selected shape is a rectangle and the width and height can be defined
- The heading of the shape can be defined
- Save to create the object or cancel if you change your mind
Edit Helper Shape
- When created a helper shape is displayed with a black border
- Select the helper shape to move it or use the handle to change the heading. If you have a ProKey then small handles around the object allow it to be resized. Without the ProKey the helper can be re-sized using the keyboard
- Helpers can be editied in the same way as other objects and the Helper Shape property dialog. You can change all the properties except the shape type. In this case the height and heading have been updated
Create a Custom Ground Poly from the Helper Shape
Create Custom Ground Line from Helper
- Use the right click menu to add a helper shape
- There is currently only one shape available that will create a line - the Arc
- The size properties are changed to allow you to enter the sizze of the major and minor axes. For an arc based on a circle keep these the same
- A new property is displayed to enter the degrees of arc
- Click Save to create the helper or Cancel if you change your mind
ADE-GP Ground Poly Editor (Version 0.0.55)
View GP Objects (Custom Ground Lines and Polys
The list displays all the custom ground lines and polys in the project. You can edit or delete these from the list