How do I Add an ILS to a Runway?
This short tutorial shows how to add an ILS to a runway.
- Select the runway that you want to make the ILS for from the drop down list
- Give it an Ident. Note that you need to give it a different ident from any other ILS and generally from any similar navaids that might be nearby
- The name of the ILS is determined by what settings you have for it including whether the GS and DME options are checked. You can also use the drop down in front of the name to provide CAT information
- Set a frequency. Generally you will only be offered frequencies that do not clash with navaids around it
- The range is generally 27nm
- Check if you want Glide Slope and/or DME. Without either the ILS becomes a localizer only
- Enable the backcourse if you want one. If you are not familiar with this or the airport does not have one for this ILS then leave it unchecked
- ADE can automatically create a basic ILS approach for the ILS. You should keep this checked since it will provide you with information when you are approaching the airport using this ILS
- Click Add to complete the work and add the ILS
- Click Cancel if you change your mind
The ILS in the Display
The ILS Approach
- This is the one we created
- Click Edit to see it in the display