How do I Set Taxi Link Draw Flags to Default Values?
The latest version of Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D (P3D) now honors the Draw Flags for taxi links. While these flags - DrawSurface and DrawDetail have existed since FSX, the Sim has ignored them. As a result ADE did not set these flags and existing projects and Bgl files will not show some or all taxiways in P3D v2.
The latest version of ADE (1.60) supports P3D v2 and also provides tools to ensure that the Draw Flags are properly set. The quickest way to set them is to use the reset function. This will set the flags for each type of taxi link based on those values found in stock files. This function is available in ADE for FSX, P3D v1 and P3D v2.
- The Link list will show all links in the project along with the current flag status
- This project shows all the flags to be false. This is a clear indication that the project, or Bgl file, was created by an earlier version of ADE
- Click the Reset All Draw Flags Button.
Set Taxipath Draw Flags to Default Values
- Remember to save the project to be sure that the updated information is stored.
- It is possible to edit the values in ADE for FSX and both versions of P3D. However be aware that the edit values will only be honored in P3D v2. You may want to do this in FSX if you intend to use the project for both FSX and all P3D versions
- ADE will load default flags for new project and stock airports
- ADE will set the default flags based on link type when you add new links to a project